Keystone, One Tap Away: Introducing PortKey Mobile App
Now, your mobile phone will become a portal to Keystone Academy.
Keystone proudly introduces PortKey, our brand-new bilingual mobile application that fosters a more timely and effective internal communication method between the school and our community members. The Keystone Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC) has spent nearly two years designing and developing the app, showing its commitment to building a one-stop platform for school information—all a tap away.
Upon logging in on PortKey, users can:
· Stay in the loop: receive important updates such as messages from school leaders, real-time campus air quality, and weekly menus and newsletters.
· Receive practical information: view school events, access campus guides, and read school publications right at your fingertips.
· Celebrate campus life: see Keystone students, faculty, staff, and community members in action through multimedia galleries and interactive stories.
We have developed the following core modules that are relevant to parents and employees:
News: School updates, one tap away.
Be in the know about school developments, educational stories, and campus life.
Events: Know what’s up on campus.
Get notified whenever there are school-wide or divisional activities for various Keystone community members.
Calendar: Save the date of important school activities.
See school-wide or divisional activities happening weekly or monthly, or the entire academic calendar for the year to help you make comprehensive holiday arrangements.
In addition, the PortKey homepage features eight carefully selected functions based on our comprehensive research into the information needs of Keystone parents and employees. This quick menu, displayed at the top of the homepage, shows the app’s one-stop-hub concept.
· Air Quality Index: The Keystone Health center sends real-time monitoring of air quality in Shunyi District and other related health guidelines.
· In the Loop: The refreshed weekly email newsletter In the Loop now comes in a quick-read version on the app. As the usage of PortKey progresses, the newsletter will become more integrated into the app.
· HOS Corner: The widely anticipated weekly letters of Head of School Malcolm McKenzie are now accessible in a central repository so that Keystone members won’t miss his inspiring and insightful messages.
· Connect Us: This menu item contains the contact information of Keystone academic divisions. Users can also send feedback or suggestions to improve the school’s internal communication through a contact form.
· Media Hub: Many student presentations and campus activities are being recorded as they happen. Through Media Hub, users can view these exciting events and share them with family members.
· Publications: Every year, Keystone produces a range of comprehensive and substantial publications, including magazines and books, curriculum handbooks, campus reopening guides, and more. All of these can be accessed through the app.
· Weekly Menu: The app also has a tasty side, as this menu item shows community members what’s on the menu in the school’s cafeterias.
· Useful Links: Checking information on PowerSchool, Seesaw, ManageBac, or SchoolsBuddy on the go as the app facilitates quick access to these academic platforms.
PortKey demonstrates how Keystone embraces the dynamic and ever-changing world. It joins the school’s successful and influential communication platforms, including our official website, WeChat subscription account, the annual publication The Keystone Magazine, and the weekly newsletter In the Loop.
PortKey can be accessed by Keystone community members only. For individuals interested to experience our app, please contact email@example.com for details.